Friday, November 9, 2018

Book Review - Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly

I love mysteries, but it's really hard to find a good mystery novel. Too often they are slow paced and so long that I've figured out who did it long before the end.

Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly is a mystery crime thrillerIt is available as an eBook, Audiobook, and those paper things your grandparents used to read.

The Good


Twist/Whodunit. This story had a twist at the end I hand't seen before. I really enjoyed the original idea.

Side Story. This novel actually contained two stories that really didn't have anything to do with each other than the main character. Normally that would annoy me being little more than filler, but the secondary story was actually more interesting than the main story, so I enjoyed it.

The Bad

Pace. The pace was a little slow.

Writing. The writing was proficient, but nothing special. I won't be rushing out to find more titles by this author.

What I Would Like to Have Seen


I wish the characters had been more interesting and the writing stronger.

Overall


Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly is a well written mystery with a twist I hadn't heard before. The side story, while having little to do with the main story, was actually more interesting that the main story. The characters weren't interesting enough for me to read a sequel, nor was the writing anything special. I give this book 4 out of 5 eReaders.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment