Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Movie Review - Illegal

I'm a big fan of black and white classic films. And I think Edward G. Robinson is a great actor. So when my aunt recommended a film with him I'd never heard of, I had to check it out.

Illegal is a 1955 legal drama film. It is unrated and is appropriate for most ages.

The Good


Story. The story was very strong. A prosecuting attorney finds out a man he sent to the death house was actually innocent, so he becomes a defense attorney.

Took a Different Route. The movie too a few turns I wasn't expecting that were very interesting and helped keep the film interesting.

Humor.While this is a series drama with several deaths, there were some pretty good humorous scenes that were very unexpected but helped add to the film.

The Bad


Ending. I like how the film end, but the final scene was a little too melodramatic for an otherwise serious film.

What I Would Like to Have Seen


...

Overall


Illegal is an entertaining legal thriller with a great mix of serious drama and unexpected humor. A prosecuting attorney finds out a man he sent to the death house was actually innocent, so he becomes a defense attorney. The story is strong and the film moves at a good pace. This film is an underappreciated gem. I give it 4 out of 5 Boxes of Popcorn.


   

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086G6FKRV/

No comments:

Post a Comment