Saturday, July 14, 2018

Movie Review - Maze Runner: The Death Cure

I did not enjoy the first two Maze Runner films, so I was hesitant to watch this one. But I like Dylan O'Brian and was curious if there might be a twist and the end. (Spoiler alert: There isn't. It ends exactly how you expect it to without any surprises.)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a 2018 future dystopian, science fiction, action movie based on the book of the same name. It is rated PG-13 for violence and language is appropriate for tweens and up.

The Good


Action. The action is really fun. It's exciting, intense, well filmed, and there's lots of it. It kept me at the edge of my seat. If you watch this purely as an entertaining action movie, you'll enjoy it. If you are expecting anything else, you'll be disappointed.

Special Effects. The special effects were solid. Everything felt believable (at least as believable as a dystopian future film that is utter nonsense can feel.

The Bad


Everything Else. As a film, this one is mediocre: mediocre story, character development, plot, twists, and overall point. It's very generic sci fi, very predictable, very prosaic.

What I Would Like to Have Seen


I wish the story and overall point of the movie had been more interesting and original.

Overall


Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a really fun action movie. It's exciting, intense, well filmed, and there's lots of it. It kept me at the edge of my seat. If you watch this purely as an entertaining action movie, you'll enjoy it. If you are expecting anything else, you'll be disappointed. I give this film 4 out of 5 boxes of popcorn as an action movie. I give it 2.5 boxes of popcorn as a film.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment