Monday, May 6, 2024

The Fall Guy (2024 Film) Review

I never watched The Fall Guy tv series in the 80s, but I was aware it existed. So I didn't have any expectations for the film and went in expecting nothing more than an entertaining flick. And the movie delivered and then some.

The Fall Guy is a 2024 action romantic comedy based on the 1980s tv series of the same name. It is rated PG-13 for language and is appropriate for most ages.

Analysis

Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. These two were cast perfectly. They have such great chemistry and each play their parts perfectly.

Comedy. This movie is genuinely funny. I found myself laughing out loud several times. The filmmakers didn't waste time on the obvious, usual humor other movies rely on. There were truly hilarious moments and lines of dialogue.

Meta. This film is very meta. It opens with the star and director telling you it is a love letter to stuntmen, and then throughout the film analyses the film and film in general. It again was very insightful and not the usual, obvious fourth-wall breaking.

Stunts and Action. Every ten minutes the film goes into an elaborately staged action scene that is beautifully choreographed and so much fun. And each stunt is different so I never felt bored.

Recommendation

This movie is so good! It is pure entertainment, something I haven't seen in a long time. I highly recommend this film and give it 5 out of 5 boxes of popcorn.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment