Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Book Review - Echo Park (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 12) by Michael Connelly

I recently finished a Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly and enjoyed it enough to pick up a second.

Echo Park by Michael Connelly is a murder mystery in the Harry Bosch seriesIt is available as an eBook, Audiobook, and those paper things your grandparents used to read.

The Good


Story and Writing. The story was very solid with a lot of good twists and reveals. The writing was well done and did not get in the way of the story.

Villain. This novel has a great villain who is clever, creepy, and dangerous. I felt worried when he was loose in the story and happy when he was finally brought down.

Ancillary Characters. While I didn't like the main character, everyone else was really interesting and I found myself caring about them.

The Bad

Main Character. The main character isn't that interesting. He's kind of a jerk, he's not that clever, and I had a hard time rooting for him.

What I Would Like to Have Seen


I wish the main character had been more interesting and likable.

Overall


Echo Park by Michael Connelly is a very entertaining murder mystery with a great villain who is clever but also truly creepy and dangerous. The main character was the least interesting part of the book, but surprisingly the story was still really good and really gripping with some nice twists throughout. The other characters were all interesting. I give this book 4.5 out of 5 eReaders.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment